WE ARE D&P
Melvin Ng leads the team at D&P’s Disputes practice group.
He has substantial years of experience at a leading law firm with regional expertise in Southeast Asia and handled complex and high-stakes legal disputes. He routinely advises and represents clients in cross-border disputes, with a core practice area in fraud and asset tracing, corporate and commercial disputes, construction and projects, banking litigation, insolvency and restructuring, and employment law. Clients have praised Melvin Ng for his ability to articulate complex cases in a clear and concise manner. His sound advice, analytical skills and patience in guiding clients step-by-step through the process, have been highly valued by clients.
- Advised and acted for a Malaysian oil and gas conglomerate in its debt restructuring, and its efforts in obtaining recognition for its moratorium against creditors in other jurisdictions.
- Represented a financial institution against the proceedings commenced by a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund for fraud-related claims, negligence and breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Advised and acted for a French conglomerate in a global effort to recover USD272 million in assets through civil claims in Malaysia related to the manufacturing and distribution of spectacle lenses.
- Commercial Conflict of Laws in Malaysia (Malaysian Litigation Series), Sweet & Maxwell, 2022.
- LL. B (Hons) (Upper Division) / University of London
- Barrister-at-law / Middle Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor / Malaya