WE ARE D&P
David leads the team at D&P’s Corporate practice group. His areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, renewable project advisory, digital asset, entertainment and other corporate commercial transactions.
David has advised domestic and international clients in transactions involving companies in industries such as aviation, insurance, fund management, renewable energy, healthcare, online marketplace platforms, commodities and oil and gas.
David has also advised renewable energy companies on various EPCC contracts, Power Purchase Agreements and Operation and Maintenance Agreements for both hydro and solar power projects.
In addition to above, David has assisted a domestic boutique fund management company to successfully apply for a Capital Market Services Licence from the Securities Commission of Malaysia and continues to represent both record labels and artists in the entertainment industry.
Key Practice Areas
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Energy, Infrastructure & Projects
- Corporate & Commercial
- Regulatory Advisory
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Digital Asset
- Advising a Malaysian public listed renewable energy on its hydro power plant project on its engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning contract, including the tender process and end-to-end project advisory upon commencement of the project.
- Advised a Malaysian biotechnology company in its investment round where it has raised an investment of RM25 million from a Malaysian venture capital management corporation.
- Advised a Malaysian biotechnology company in its acquisition of a medical test kits business, which involve undertaking a due diligence exercise and preparation of all transaction documents.
- Advised a Singaporean online classified marketplace company on its joint venture exercise with an established local player for the trading second-hand motor vehicles and conduct vehicle inspections in Malaysia.
- Advised a Singaporean online classified marketplace company for its acquisition of a Singapore-e-commerce platform and store operator for second-hand clothing with both online and offline presence in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Advised the liquidator of a public listed confectionary company on the disposal of various assets such as property, machinery and intellectual property rights relating for a total transaction value of RM70 million.
- Advised a Japanese property development company on its joint venture with an established Malaysian developer for the purchase of a serviced residence block in Kuala Lumpur city centre location for a total transaction value of MYR240 million.
- Advised a boutique fund management company on its successful application for a Capital Market Services Licence from the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
- LL.B (Hons) Law / University of Reading
- Barrister-at-Law / Inner Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor / Malaya